Here are five simple tips on how you can get the most out of each update or post you publish on social media.
Make sure to apply these into your Facebook, Twitter and other social media posts and updates to get the best performance out of each outreach.
1. Include a call to action: If you are looking for people to take a specific action on your update (Like, ReTweet, Share, Comment, etc.) – make sure to tell them in the update. The mere act of telling your audience what you would like them to do with your update will improve greatly the results you get.
For example, in a recently published study by HubSpot, Tweets that include the words “Please RT” get 4X as many ReTweets!
2. A picture speaks louder than words (and even video): In a study by Track Social analyzing the performance on Facebook of more than 12,000 brands, Photos out performed dramatically all other types of updates including videos, questions, plain status updates, links and others.
Ok, so photos perform better… Want to know why that is? Check out this insightful Blog post from PostRocket.
3. Use a strong headline: Did you know that writing a strong headline can improve the conversion rate of a post by over 70%? Most people are time starved and will not spend the time to read thoroughly a long, drawn out and pointless headline.
As a matter of fact, according to Brian Clark, star blogger and CEO of Copyblogger Media, “On average, 8 out of 10 people will read headline copy, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest. This is the secret to the power of your title, and why it so highly determines the effectiveness of the entire piece.”
4. Post content that’s focused on your target: Whenever you are posting, think of who your target audience is and then make sure the content you are posting is relevant to that audience. It may be tempting to post that viral share video with the furry little bunny eating up marshmallows from that bouncy baby boy, but if you are posting to a Business to Business group full of senior level executives wearing suits and ties – your bunny will fall flat on its face.
There are multiple ways you can refine your post to fit exactly the target audience you are trying to reach. Here are seven tips from HubSpot’s Inbound Internet Marketing Blog.
5. Leverage networks: It is a fact of life that some people are more connected than others and have far greater influence on larger numbers of people. Is it any wonder why authors and movie stars are constantly trying to get their spot on television shows with top personalities such as Oprah and Ellen? Getting on their shows means instant access to their massive network of followers… The same thing applies to your content. If you can find a way to get your content ReTweeted or shared by one of these mega connectors, you can instantly take your global exposure to the next level.
I wrote a previous blog post about how a Viral Video from some friends of mine blew up and turned them overnight into global sensations.
These are five easy to do things you can apply to your updates to improve their performance… But there are many more.
Do you have any suggestions? What are your thoughts on these five and can you recommend some of your own?
Subscribe to Breakthrough Digital Marketing today! It’s free and packed with the finest stuff on web & mobile. The subscribe box is on the top right of the blog or just click here.
Photo credit: Flickr sideshowbarker